I recently returned from a lovely educational trip to Switzerland where I stayed in Lausanne, Bern, Lucerne & Zürich. Here I’m highlighting my stay in Zürich. I was able to stay for a few nights and tour four distinctly different properties. Zürich is very walkable and generally easy to navigate. That said, each little city nook boats its own point(s) of interest. These are impossible to decipher by scanning endless hotel reviews online. As a travel advisor who specializes in Switzerland, I am passionate about pinpointing which properties are best for my clients. No two are ever the same and nearly all are charming! Reviewing my clients’ priorities and understanding their travel style is key in matching them with the best option.
Below are brief descriptions and my own notes about the property.
- Perfect for: couples, families, foodies
- Prime Location: the sprawling property is conveniently located on the Lake immediately adjacent to the main ferry station & city’s business district
- Stand Out Detail: expansive front lawn and gardens allow for true tranquility and beauty in the center of the busy city
- The Vibe: classic and stately in design – approachable in atmosphere & service
- Perfect for: small groups, families, couples, spa lovers
- Unique Location: the resort is perched high above the city, about a 15 min drive from the city center, allowing for unparalleled views of the lake, mountains and city itself
- Stand Out Detail: their absolutely iconic spa is 4,600 sq feet and boasts numerous treatment rooms, workout facilities, indoor pool, food & beverage program and more
- The Vibe: unique & layered – the nearly 100 works of art throughout the property create a really eclectic, modern element for an overall very private hotel
- Perfect for: couples, friends traveling together, design lovers
- Lake Location: situated on the “Golden Coast” of Lake Zurich allows for maximum sunshine throughout the year and a quick walk to city center
- Stand Out Detail: the description itself, “an imaginary yacht club designed by (Philippe) Starck” – the interior design is refreshing, fun and unlike anything else in the city
- The Vibe: cool, refined and warm – many nooks to settle into and feel immediately at home
- Perfect for: couples, families, those with limited time in Zürich
- Central Location: absolutely in the heart of Old Town – you walk outside the hotel and can immediately start exploring the history and quaint shops
- Stand Out Detail: beyond its location, the interior design also stands out with each and every guest room uniquely curated with pieces of different eras
- The Vibe: vibrant, busy and fun with the multiple restaurants and bar options
Naturally, these notes just scratch the surface of what you would experience as a guest at any of the hotels. It’s best for us to schedule a call to review your preferences & priorities before your next adventure to Switzerland!
All four of these luxury properties are a part of the Virtuoso preferred network. This means added benefits and amenities for you during your stay when you book with Solas Travels. And who doesn’t love that?
Let’s Chat Switzerland!