Unpopular opinion: I really like traveling with kids, especially my own little one. I also relish in the process of getting ready for a new trip. I’ve narrowed down the carry-on packing to a bit of a science. “Frictionless packing” is what I aim for, always!
Recently, I discovered a handful of new products that help with that when it comes to the kids. Having access to these items quickly while on plane or upon arrival is key!
- Dock & Bay Ponchos and Towels | this product is the clear winner for me. They are incredibly compact, dry quickly, have adorable designs and manufactured with post-consumer plastic. If you’re going somewhere warm, these are a must in your carry on.
- Minnow Swim | classic colors and designs with color schemes that are easy on the eye. If you’re in a rush, these pieces easily pair with other wardrobe staples for a more polished look (now in adult sizing too – win!)
- JBL Kids Wireless Headphones | the moment your kid’s headphone cord rips from their device midway through Moana – yes, many of us have been there. These help avoid that potential melt down, are very comfortable and help prevent kids from jamming out a little too loudly.
- Little Biscuits Sketchpad (and/or a medium sized plain pad) | When the devices need a bit of break and there is no sleep to be had, I have found having ample doodling materials on the ready is immensely helpful. I love packing the Little Biscuits pads because they spark creativity and are compact enough for the smaller bags.
- Yeti Kids Rambler | The need for constant hydration is real. And durability. Yeti is the king of both. I appreciate that this allows for kids to refill at the airports as needed and we can politely pass on every plastic cup offering while onboard.
A few other must-haves in my younger one’s carry-on bag include: Gummy Bears, Pipcorn Cheddar Crackers (these are best on a sensitive, traveling tummy), Dry Erase Mini Board & Kid’s Dramamine (just in case).
These suggestions are best for the 3-10 year old range.
Thinking about your own Spring Break plans now? Smart! This is the time to plan. Drop a line here to connect.