“I want to be an independent travel advisor.”
This is what I told my husband in late spring 2020.
He didn’t even skip a beat, though I’m not sure he knew what that even meant.
His reply? “Okay. That is perfect.”
It really is perfect, and here’s why: I have spent the last 15 years in a hybrid of fast-paced careers ranging from entertainment PR, hospitality and luxury events. The culmination of these professional experiences, combined with my lifelong love of travel, is what led me to this moment. Anticipating people’s (often unspoken) needs while knowing how to manage complicated logistics comes natural to me.
I had the privilege of working with an amazing advisor for our honeymoon (s/o to the lovely Kelly Greenleaf!) who opened my eyes to the real wizard-y, behind-the-scenes magic that travel advisors create. I am someone who loves to take control, read all the fine print and plan things to a “T”. Naturally, I wasn’t so sure we needed help with our honeymoon at first. Then we connected with Kelly who I had been a colleague of mine at 20th Century Fox. After that experience, without pouring on the dramatics, things truly shifted for me. I knew then that the key to having a successful vacation was working with an advisor each and every time. Simultaneously I was imagining a world where I could become one as well …
The Perfect Opportunity
Through forces much bigger than myself (hello, Covid-19!), in late 2020 I seized on the opportunity to begin life as an independent travel advisor. I researched for months. Expansive spreadsheets with color coded tabs were created to capture all my notes. I knew I wanted to be a part of the Virtuoso community and most importantly, Brownell. Brownell is my host agency and I’m thrilled to have Solas Travels aligned with such a professional and storied institution. The depth of their independent advisor roster is incredible, and second-to-none. I not only get to work with amazing people, but my clients equally benefit from the deep connections and lasting relationships the community provides.
How Solas Travels Can Help
While this moment is thrilling for me on a personal level, there is much more in it for YOU. Here is what I want you to know when you read this. Travel advisors are more than what you may see on social media. The gorgeous photos are only a sliver of what the profession is actually about. When you work with me, YOUR travel will benefit greatly. Here is a few examples of that:
- Unlock better rates and/or amenities not accessible to the general public (examples include in-room breakfasts, resort credits, preferred room upgrades when available, exclusive experiences, etc.)
- Save you hours of planning time and craft unique, customized itineraries that cater to your needs and wants
- Anticipate and/or mitigate any speed bumps along your journey and work with our local partners on the ground for potential alternatives so you don’t have to worry about anything
- Manage room blocks and oversee guest bookings for weddings and special events
- Keep things organized and accessible throughout your travels (live itineraries that reflect flight changes on an app that you can access quickly on phone)
- Share the latest and greatest options with you (things that cannot be found on any rabbit hole Google adventures)
- Bring back joy! In our ever changing world, your focus can be on sharing experiences with your loved ones instead of the logistics.
I am excited to connect about my services and your next journey. Drop me a line here and let’s chat!